Wednesday, November 24, 2010

ADDITIONAL ASSIGNMENT #5

 
pencils
Sometimes you have to allow students or people in general to get a little confused to get the point. When things are all laid out on the line and then explained, I think it gives the students different aspects to the way they learn. I believe if confusion leads to clarity: then in the end it is worth it.
Mr. Spencer relates pencils with his students. Children are full of emotion and they change day by day. At one moment, they could be happy without a care in the world and within seconds, they can be mad at the world. Pencils can be broken, reshape, sketchy. My favorite quote by Mr. Spencer is, "It's change, constant change, sometimes in smooth lines and sometimes in wild, dark jagged edges." He respects his students. He sounds like an awesome teacher. If all teachers cared like he does, maybe there would not be so much rebellion with children. He Just Likes the Class for the Pencils is my favorite blog by Mr. Spencer and the one I commented on. I hope I can be a teacher like Mr. Spencer. Being a teacher is not about trying to embarrass the students. I do not want to be the type of teacher who does not know or care to know her students. I think so many times teachers either loose sight or just do not care that students are human beings with feelings too. It breaks my heart to see a child hurt or sad. I substitute at a school and I see how some teachers treat the students. In order to receive respect we must give it.

No comments:

Post a Comment