Sunday, November 14, 2010

Project #6 Analysis

I did my survey on texting and driving. The answers I got were shocking in some cases.
Out of everyone that took my survey, nobody has ever had an accident while texting or while talking and driving. That is great, it just surprised me. 53% of the students think it should be illegal to text while driving. If it was illegal to text while driving, 76% of students think the punishment should be a ticket.
This is some interesting facts. I learned that although most people 29%text and drive more than 10 times per day, 82% of students feel unsafe while riding with someone who is texting and driving. Ironic? I think so. I guess people feel safer if they are the ones driving and texting.
I learned a lot of information creating my survey and getting the analysis for the responses. This is definitely something I will continue to do in the future. I would always like to teach my own children how to utilize surveys. Maybe they can use it for projects and such with their own school work.

No comments:

Post a Comment