Thursday, September 16, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

Until this assignment, I have never heard of either Google Squared or Wolfram Alpha. I enjoyed working on both. In fact, I am looking forward to showing my children how to use them. Google Squared allows people to square anything. It also lets people add or delete whatever they wish. Google Squared is easier to read and would be a great way for any age person to look up things. Wolfram Alpha seems a little too advanced for younger children, but ideal for high school age children. I think either one would be wonderful for fun or educational purposes. My opinion of the Did You Know assignment has not altered. I understand more about compared different things for statistics. If I compared my hometown (Fruitdale, AL.) with Mobile, AL. of course it would be a big difference. The schools, population, stores, etc. are all different.
Food for thought: Never underestimate the brain of a child, or the "magic" in technology.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment