Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Post #5

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale
This video helped me to understand pod casting a lot. I would love to use this to challenge creativity. I think students should be allowed to be creative. As they are learning and experimenting, they realize it is fun. Students who miss school, would now have access to there work via pod cast. I like this video and it was very helpful.
Judy Scharf Podcast Collection
This is very organized. It is easy to work through. Podcasting does not seem too complicated when I reviewed this page. Judy Scharf has everything readily available. I recommend anyone who is having trouble with pod cast, to check this out. I will defiantly keep this site handy for future references.
100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better
I will be the first to admit, I had no clue an ipod could be used so many different ways. I will share this information with my daughter. She has an ipod but only uses it to listen to music. She is going to love this. There are so many helpful downloads. It also seems to have countless learning abilities. I think I am going to print this list out. This way I will have it handy when I need it.

3 comments:

  1. Keep exploring the web, Robin! There are millions of useful sites out there. I'm glad you are finding the assignments in this class interesting and fun, I am too. It makes learning easier and more effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,

    Can you give us more specific examples of the pros and cons of podcasting and how you would use them in the future as an educator?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pros would be for instance: if a student misses school or is hospitalized, they really would not miss school. The class lectures could be recorded via podcast for the student. A downside to podcasting could be students who need more disciplined structure. There are also children with disabilities who may have hearing problems. In these cases, we would have to figure out other options. I would like to use podcasting as an educator as a stated above, when students are sick and for whatever reason unable to attend school. I think it is also great for study references. Even if the student is in class, we could podcast study reviews to use at home.

    ReplyDelete