Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog Post #10

http://morgbayda.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/an-open-letter-to-educators/Many times, I felt like Morgan Bayda. It is frustrating to know I am paying for a class in which the professor has no clue as to who I am. There are times that I talk to my classmates about our class work.  We sometimes form study groups. This helps me more Than sitting through the class. Do not get me wrong, not all my classes are like this, only some. There is one particular class I sit in day after day (fighting to keep my eyes open). I know that I am getting nothing out of what he is teaching. As I am sitting in this class, I am thinking to myself, "If I could only get the study I will be fine." It puts me in a difficult situation because I like my professor, just not the method in which he chooses to teach. It does give me a lot of insight on the type of teacher I do not want to be. I want to make learning fun and creative for my students. I could compare the class I am talking about to this EDM310 class. In our EDM310, we are encouraged to talk to other students, teachers, Dr. Strange, or others. I am learning a great deal in my EDM310 class and I enjoy getting to read and communicate with my fellow classmates. Like Morgan said, I do get frustrated with prices and different things but I would not have quit school. Yes, school is stressful and overwhelming but I know in the end it will be all worth it.

 
Posted by Picasa


Two Questions That Can Change Your Life
This is great. It made me stop and think. I do strive to make each day better than the last. I want to better myself not only for me but also for my family and my future students. I think in order for me to be the best at what I am going to do (which is teach), I have to start with my own children at home. They are my motivation. When things get a little crazy, I stop and try to see the world through my children’s’ eyes.  My sentence is:
In order to teach from my heart, I have to start at home because that is where my heart begins.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!
    I really liked what you had to say about the video and what Morgan had to say as well. I have come to realize there is atleast one teacher every year that makes a boring class that much more boring. I also have seen where there are some teachers completely opposite of that, that make the most boring class so entertaining. Both of these extremes of teachers have helped me to see what I want to do and not do as a teacher in the class room.
    As for your sentence, I really liked it. I think you're saying exactly what teaching is all about. Great post Robin!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,

    This is a great point ... It does give me a lot of insight on the type of teacher I do not want to be. When you are learning you should be able to take the good, the bad and the ugly and help you decide what kind of teacher you want to be in the future. There is a lot of bad teaching (not necessarily bad teachers as you said) and there is a lot of good teaching going on a well. You need to take everything you have at your disposal and use it to make sure you are the best teacher you can be when you start your career.

    ReplyDelete