Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog Post #6

The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler:
Without teachers, how would students learn to properly use technology. There has to be someone to teach them how to search and find articles and other education information. Blogs can be opinion but, they can also be very factual. Opinions can be great learning tools also. It is wonderful that we can search so many things at one time. It is like having the world at our fingertips. Students do not realize how lucky they are. When I was in high school, technology was not as advanced as it is now. If we had to do a research paper, we had to go to the libraries, get magazines, books, newspaers, etc. Today's students can access all online. I think it is important that they are taught the proper way to do this. I am an adult and before taking this class I knew a little about how to look things up via internet. Now, I am learning so much more. It is nice that i can get what i need without leaving my home. I may not be 100% ready to teach what I am learning now but, I am getting there.

A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment (or PLN)I think that basically there are a lot of similarities. We both have educational websites on our page. We have some personal pages. It is great to have a PLN. I have all my sites right there on one page.
The Machine is Changing UsTechnology has come so far in the past years. It is progressing so fast. I wonder what it will be like in 10 to 15 years. I think it will be astounding. I am excited to see just how far it has come. I mean 10 to 15 years ago, I personally would not have guessed we would be where we are today. Possibilities are unlimited. We have access  to places all over the world. When I watched this video, I realized just how many people visit Youtube on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. Robin,

    I love to hear about the changed in education that have happened over the years. I graduated in 2007, and even then, we were not learning about PLNs. We did research articles on the internet, but a lot of our information came from textbooks. I love the idea that students can connect with people all over the world, find websites and blogs, and watch videos to learn about all different kinds of things. I think a PLN is a great thing to incorporate into a classroom, and the teacher is the one who teaches the students how to properly use technology and how to research. PLNs truly enhance the learning environment.

    ReplyDelete